Living with CFS - four things I have found useful

I guess everyone experiences chronic fatigue in a different way. In the early days there's not much you can do apart from live through it, but then there comes a point where you know you need to start attempting to be yourself again. Four things that have helped me tremendously are:

1. Meditation. This has helped me in many ways and, of all the journeys in my life, this has been the most profoundly amazing and illuminating.
2. Yoga (gentle exercise). This ironed out the creases in my gnarled, stressed body.
3. Diet. Changing my diet to super healthy has been very difficult but it has given me a sense of well being.
4. Pacing. This has been my fall back survival strategy.

I'll no doubt be going into these in more detail at some point.

Comments