|Stir fried cucumbers|
I'm not a big fan of salads with cucumbers in but I seem to eat a lot of cucumbers these days - mainly in smoothies. Anyway, they make a nice stir fry if you like something different from the usual beansprouts and bamboo shoots.
Ingredients - serves 3 as a side dish
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of chilli dipping sauce
Oil for frying
1. Prepare your cucumber into little batons (see picture). I cut the cucumber length ways into four, remove the seeds and then chop into baton shapes.
2. Put the cucumber batons in a colander and add a couple of tablespoons of salt. Leave for an hour or so.
3. Then, squeeze the cucumber batons to remove as much water as you can from them.
4. Heat some oil in a wok until it is starting to smoke. Add the garlic and then quickly add the cucumber. Stir fry for a couple of minutes until the cucumber starts to cook through.
5. Add you chilli sauce and a tablespoon of water. Simmer for a couple of minutes.