Here's a tasty vegetable curry I knocked together the other day - rich, flavoursome and satisfying.
Olive oil for frying
Black mustard seeds
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 sachet of creamed coconut
Garlic, ginger and a small onion - chopped up
1 tin of tomatoes
Cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli seeds
Salt and pepper
1 butternut squash
1 yellow pepper
About 200ml of vegetable stock
1. Add some oil to a large pan. Add the mustard seeds, star anise and cinnamon. Put the heat on and wait until the mustard seeds start popping.
2. Add the ginger, garlic and onion. Fry for a minute.
3. Add the courgettes and pepper. Keep frying for a minute.
4. Add the remaining spices and keep on frying for a minute.
5. Now add the tomatoes and coconut. Add some vegetable stock so the mixture is loose.
6. Add the butternut squash. Boil gently for 10 minutes.
7. Add the cauliflower. Boil gently for about 15 minutes until the cauliflower is done.
Delicious. Sprinkle with cashew nuts if you like that sort of thing.